Thursday, September 9, 2010

Project Wedding: The Bouquets

This'll be my last project wedding post. Though I'm sure I'll post more of the loveliness as more pictures roll in. It really was such a beautiful event. My sister said it was absolutely, without a doubt the happiest day of her life. Yay!!! Anyway... the bouquets.I can't even tell you how much I enjoyed this project. By the end I had convinced myself that I'd found my new calling. A very close friend of my mom's, Linda, had her own floral design business for years, and she still had the wholesale flower market hook up for us. Plus she knew all the tricks of the trade like binding, ribbon wrapping and preservation. I learned so much. Now, I could geek out here and list off the names of each plant, but I'll spare you. Please ask if you're curious - you know I'd be more than happy to expound.I was so honored that my mom and her uber-talented friends let me play chief designer, and that I got to make my sister's bouquet. How special is that? It meant a lot to her too. All in all, we made the bridal bouquet, 10 bridesmaids bouquets, 5 junior bridesmaid bouquets (the ones with the pink zinnias), 2 mother's bouquets (the mostly green ones) and 12 boutonnieres. They all turned out so beautifully. I was so proud to carry mine around all night and it's now sitting on our nightstand. It's still gorgeous. I'm seriously considering a new career.

1 comment: