Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Gooseneck Goodness

I fell in love with a gooseneck lamp at an antique store the other week. It had a gorgeous Art Deco pressed base and an overall vintage industrial look. Can a lamp be sexy? This lamp was sexy. But it was also expensive. So I perused etsy and the like, hoping to find a better deal, but with shipping costs the prices were still prohibitive.Yesterday we found ourselves across town at rush hour, so we ducked into Goodwill to wait out the traffic. And there she was - my lamp - in better shape than at the antique store and at a fraction of the price. I'm such a happy camper (happy lamper?!)

There are some great reproduction Edison bulbs on etsy that I've had my eye on for a while. Like this one. My new lamp might be just the excuse I've been waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment