Thursday, June 24, 2010

Riddle Me This

How is it that at my age and particular situation, watching The Breakfast Club can still make me wish I could spend this Saturday in high school detention? Beckett is off with his grandparents today, so I happily devoured a little John Hughes with my Special K this morning.

I also went a little nuts in my garden, making me wonder if "nesting" is necessarily an indoor phenomenon. In record time I scanned my roof with a hypercritical eye, then ruthlessly pulled everything that didn't tickle my fancy. After the months of admiration and affection I've given these plants, I felt a little like Henry the Eighth - beheading my beloveds. I also discovered a few insurgent aphids, so now I'm off to the nursery for ladybugs. And maybe a few little somethings to fill in all the holes I just created. My containers look a like gaping snaggle-tooth demon mouths right now.

I came across this awesome blog post yesterday, it had both Zion and I giggling last night, so I thought I'd share.

I promise my next post will have pictures, or a project or something. But these little writing spurts really are all kinds of fun. I'm beginning to see the benefit of tweeting. I'm way too verbose, though, so I'll stick to blogging.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part when she makes it snow! That scene must have left quite an impression on me cuz I can't remember much else about the movie.

    ReplyDelete