Monday, March 22, 2010

Trial and Error

Zion brought home a french curve, a pattern drafting tool that has long mystified me, for an early birthday present the other day. This is the result of my 1st (major fail) and 2nd attempts at drafting a sleeve pattern. The 2nd pattern worked out, but unfortunately my sewing skills don't match my drafting skills so the seams have weird puckers. And, as usual, it looks better on Helen than on me.

But hey, it's pretty darn cute, and it fits, the fabric is super comfortable, the color is nice, and there's enough drape to cover myself while nursing this summer. I'm hoping to work out further kinks and make a few of these cardigans before June.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Great color too! You'll have to share your pattern with me on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete