Thursday, March 11, 2010

Just Some Thoughts

- Does anyone else find Toyota's "Moving Forward" slogan grossly inappropriate and brilliantly hilarious given recent events? I mean, honestly folks, it's just too perfect.

- Is the point of parental language policing to keep our children away from a certain list of naughty words, or to steer them away from the use of expletives? Beckett has invented his own, "feef". As in, "Oh feef!", "Mama, you're a feefy girl!", "What a feef!" It's hysterical, but I'm not sure if I should be laughing. I guess I'll know for sure when it progresses to "feef that!", "feef you!" or "motherfeefer!"

- I can't get enough of this parkour movement. I object to 90% of the soundtrack music picked for the available youtube videos, but even that can't stop me from getting my little David Belle fix daily. Last night I dreamed of my husband running, jumping, leaping, rolling and flipping his way across town and into my bedroom window. Whoa, Nellie!

- There's really no mental state, drug induced or otherwise that can compare to pregnant dreaming. It wins.

- I've been sadly listless without the Olympics, but a certain piece of devastating pop culture news has made me firmly turn my back on our golden boy. My disappointment is profound and no amount of Listerine can rinse away that lingering taste of cheese. Gross, Evs. I'm now fully prepared for this weekend's sequin-free F1 season starter.

- It's funny how getting officially excused from jury duty kind of gives you a whole new lease on life. I can thank the Whatcom County Jury Coordinator for the completed bench/ toy box project I'm about to post and for the much needed jump start to tackle my growing, neglected project list. So, here I go. You know, moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment