Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Where Did April Go?

Hello all. I just can't believe how this spring is flying by. Unless peanut butter sandwiches have suddenly become blog-worthy, I haven't made much of note lately and I have no snazzy photos to show you. But I did check a few things off the old to-do list, so hopefully now I can get back to the fun stuff.

I pushed it a little this weekend, and had to spend the last 36 hours with my feet up, but I'm feeling pretty good now. I worked in my garden like crazy, even got us some new deck chairs to enjoy it. I'll get my tomatoes going next month, but other than that the planting is done. Now it's just watering and weeding.

I also did something so ridiculously luxurious. I went to a movie all by myself. Amazing. I haven't done that in years. I saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo at our local indie movie house, which boasts legitimate matinee pricing and wretched seats. The film was gritty and rough and oh-so-Scandinavian and I loved it. It followed the book very well, and most of the tweaks made for a cleaner film narrative. I have to say, it's one of the better screen adaptations I've seen. I was worried that the violence would become gratuitous in the word-to-image translation, but, though not as poignant, is came off as a powerful indictment of violence against women. It turned my stomach, as brutality should.

In other news, I'm working on adding tutorials to some of my older posts. Putting my scatterbrained process into simple steps is proving tricky, but we'll get there. I'll let you know when they're up and running.

That's the update. I'll post a legitimate garden post this evening, tomorrow at the latest, with pictures and everything. I'd do it now, but I'm kinda snobby about having light in my photos, and I can't get the earth to spin on my schedule. What's that about?

No comments:

Post a Comment