Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"Let's Get in a Cab, I'll Buy You a Kebab"

It's literally been months since I last made dinner for my family. Zion's been the Brewer family chef ever since I had a little melt down about the great mediocrity of my cooking and my general lack of house-wifing skills. I'm not planning any lasting return to the kitchen, but I had a friendly visit tonight. I made honey mustard kebabs with chicken, vegetables and big chunks of ridiculous sourdough. Mmm.
So good. And so impossible to not sing this. Successful as it was, I'm still happy to relinquish culinary control to the master for tomorrow's meal. I figure if I just cook once every 4 or 5 months I'll always have beginner's luck on my side. That'll work, right?

Lola - If you come visit for more than an hour, I'll make you these with potatoes. You'll love 'em. Fo reals.

No comments:

Post a Comment