Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Foxy Lady

We're getting down to the wire now, and while the list of possible Halloween costumes was growing daily, nothing we came up with clicked. I thought about just doing this, because the whole mask+ stylish clothing = costume thing appeals to me like crazy. But as birds would be too obvious, and as we're really digging foxes around here, I wanted us to be foxes. Or the fox and the hound? Or the fox and the crow? Last night it hit us like a ton of bricks. Robin Hood and Maid Marian as foxes, a la Disney, but with our own BBC inspired take on it.I have a huge girl crush on Marian from the BBC's Robin Hood, played by Lucy Griffiths. Huge girl crush. Not only is she DARLING, but she's the first Maid Marian to be fierce and adept, instead of wasting away under a veiled dunce cap in a tower. Her costume design is so stellar. It's decidedly modern (hellooo hoodies!) but elegant and a little course (hellooo burlap!)
As for Zion - Quiver? Yes. Tights? No. Though we do have an amazing pair of brown leather pants I'm dying to see him in. We have to rock the whole fox thing, and it's a costume, so it can't be too modern or obscure. All in all, I'm shooting for something in between this...
and this...Mmm... yes please. I'm so excited. It's a good thing payday is soon, because I can't wait to start shopping for this. In fact, Zion should probably hide the car keys until then. I'll post more as things start happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment