Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Turkey Day!!!

Beckett's preschool had a potluck Thanksgiving feast today. You all know I'm a lousy cook. But for the preschoolers and their families I wanted to put together something fun, despite my utter lack of skills. This is what I came up with. Turkey tail fruit kebabs. These were a big hit with kids, parents and teachers alike. The kebabs were pineapple, strawberries, cantaloupe and grapes on bamboo skewers. The skewers were then pushed into half of an apple. The turkey head was cut from brown paper,then I added the wobble and beak with colored paper. Balance was an issue, but not a huge one. This really didn't take any time at all, so if you find yourselves with a little extra time and fruit in your preparations for tomorrow's festivities, maybe try one of these out. Just for fun.Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Have a great long weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I.am.so.proud.

    This is A. awesome B. so Martha, but like in her cooking segments and not her craft segment in which you usually excel. and C. just so rad.

    What a cool mom, really.

    xoxo
    happy feast day to you!

    ReplyDelete