Friday, November 5, 2010

As Time Goes By

Tomorrow night I'm going to this party, in support of this crazy cool museum across the street that provides us with this, our favorite radio station. It's a 1940s theme USO style party. The timing is a little unfortunate, since I've been so busy with Halloween etc that I couldn't really devote myself to this costume.

Still, I had a number of era appropriate blouses in my closet, and I picked up this skirt at Goodwill last night. It was way too big and meant to be worn lower around the waist, but 2 quick seams up the sides (with some help from my french curve) turned it into a fairly good 40's daywear skirt. I'm excited about it. It's cute and flattering. Of course, styling is everything, so I'm off to go youtube some 40s hairstyle tutorials. Here's looking at you, kid.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Stunning! Jealous! I love that look. And I love the new banner, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'm so jealous. I would love to go to that party with you. Sounds like a great time!

    ReplyDelete