Monday, October 4, 2010

Moomin Mania

We're in the throes of full blown Moomin fever around here. These stories and characters, by Tove Jansson, are absolutely marvelous. Full of Scandinavian humor and wonder and a slight bent toward Scandinavian melancholy. It suits us brooding Brewers just right. The Finn Family Moomintroll has officially become Beckett's first one-chapter-a-night book. It's fantastic. I have such strong, lovely memories of my dad reading James and the Giant Peach and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to me in this way. And it's even better on the parental end. Man, my life is good.
All of the great illustrations, and whimsical places are giving me a strong urge to Moomin-out the playroom.

2 comments:

  1. My 2 older kids love Roald Dahl, a chapter or sometimes two a night! I must check these books out, as I have two younger ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmao @ "Scandinavian melancholy"...

    ReplyDelete