Thursday, May 20, 2010

Salty and Sweet

Thanks to an amazing and generous visitor my dishes are done for the first time in years (or so it seems) and I have a new pair of old school sandals. Aren't they darling? Yes, they're official Saltwater Sandals, just like I wore between the ages of 2 and 6, and again between the ages of 13 and 17. I'm in love and filled with nostalgia.

To go with these little dearies, and thanks to the dangerous combination of bed rest + a new mini laptop, I did a little online shopping and have these waiting for me in Seattle (we're heading down there tonight for a nice long weekend.) With the cardigans I've made, and a few more I have planned, I might make it out of this confinement with a modicum style. At least my husband will be relieved to repossess his penguin pajama pants.

I could really see online shopping becoming a problem in the next few weeks for me. Fortunately, I have nowhere to wear fancy new duds, and by the time I do my life will be a messy infant affair, so I hopefully won't go too crazy. It's still fun to peruse Modcloth and Anthropologie and J Crew, at least for new sewing ideas.

1 comment:

  1. you should, like, totally, get a pedicure. I mean, even with, like, bed rest, and like whatever, those um, like quasimotoes deserve, um, like a little polish.

    totes jk! I had the most fun ever yesterday, I really didn't want to come home and do my own dishes! and yr little kiddy feet are totes adorbs in those salty treasures! let's do it again sometime!

    ReplyDelete