Friday, July 24, 2009

The Business of Sex and Death

"In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death." ~Sam Llewelyn

So, I wish that I had some grand venture to account for my bloggy absence. I don't. Truthfully, I've been spending every free minute reading borrowed trash and pondering the extent to which the powers that govern computer solitaire are out to get me. And, as always, I've been gardening. It looks so amazing out there, but the high temperatures are turning the blacktop roof into a giant teflon skillet. So, I figured I'd post a few pics of the lushness before it all sizzles away.
Thanks to Tia and her uncanny birthday gift super powers, I have an assortment of succulents that I've been playing with. I love them, and they love living in a giant teflon skillet. The beginning of a beautiful friendship, methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment